Job Title: Student Inter/Co-Op
Hours Per Week: 20-40
Job Category: Computer/Technology Job Type: Off-Campus Job
Work Type: Non work-study job
Position Description: Stanley Consultants is looking for a diverse Student Intern for our Bismarck Location. During the summer months (construction season) the student intern will perform onsite resident transportation project representative duties, review construction site to monitor progress, inspect and quantify contractor activities and performance, and other duties required per the construction contract documents. During the fall and winter months (non-construction season) the student intern will participate in studies and design for our Infrastructure Business working on mostly transportation related projects but may be exposed to a wide range of general civil engineering tasks. The student intern will work with senior field and office staff, designers, and engineers to solve engineering problems and produce high quality design documents, including the preparation and checking of design computations and quantity estimates.
Essential duties include:
· Prepares, modifies and checks site and roadway design elements/computations including; geometrics, vertical profiles, cross sections, culvert design, pavement design and marking, and traffic control.
· Assists in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and permits for projects.
· Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents, including occasional drafting.
· Assists in the development of project quantities and probable construction costs estimated for design projects.
· Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
· Attends onsite and offsite client meetings.
· Contacts vendors, regulatory agencies, and sub-consultants to obtain information, guidance and requirements.
· Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual.
· Assists in the development of design guides, guide specifications, and design control procedures.
· Performs onsite resident project representative duties, reviews construction site to monitor progress, and other duties per the contract documents.
· Be a sophomore, junior, or senior working towards a BS in Civil Engineering
· General proficiency in computer use
· Must be able to work in a team environment
· Knowledge of MicroStation and AutoCAD software, a plus
· Previous experience with engineering design and analysis software, a plus
· Previous construction inspection experience, a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
How to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/STA1011/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*ECDBFB8DEC2A1838